PPCol is a library for Allegro that serves to detect collisions between 2 sprites.
The current version supports only Allegro 3.1 and DJGPP 2.xx.
I don't maintain this library as it deserves anymore, so if you are interested in maintaining it,
- Bounding box collision detection macros.
- Bitmasked pixel perfect collision detection routines. Not supports RLE
or COMPILED sprites.
- Normal (pixel-by-pixel based) pixel perfect collision detection routines.
Supports only memory sprites of any bitdepth: 8, 15, 16, 24 and 32 bpp
and not Mode-X.
- Routines to see how much we have to move a sprite in a given direction
to avoid the collision with another sprite.
- Rich documentation in the format of the Allegro Makedoc utility, this
allows to create the documentation in any format supported by Allegro (TXT, HTML, INFO, RTF, etc.).
- Example programs showing the use of all the routines and a benchmarking utility.
- Makefile to automatize and easy the building of the library, its documentation
and its programs.
- Debugging support.
- Comes in source code format.
- Totally Freeware (look for the license in the documentation).
To download the library, click here (37.0Kb).
Or it can be downloaded from any DJGPP mirror, the main url is
PMask seem to be similar
but I didn't analyze them in detail as to be able to compare or recommend.